The Exam Room Utilization dashboard is designed to give you an idea of how heavily used your exam rooms are. This article will explain how to interpret and navigate through the Exam Room Utilization report.
See below for a video tutorial of the Exam Room Utilization Report.
From the reporting landing page, select the ‘Scheduling’ tab:
Interpreting the Report
- By default, this report will appear organized by provider. You must select the ‘Rooms’ button to view utilization by room.
- The report is shown as a heat map. Red means the exam room is seeing relatively few patients per hour. Green means the exam room is seeing a relatively high number of patients per hour.
- The percentage inside each time slot represents the percent of capacity that the exam room is being used. Note: 100% utilization is based off a 4-day week with one visit per room per hour.
- Expand to see a provider’s visits by day or week and by clicking the ‘+’ sign next to the provider name
- The number in each time slot represents the total number of patients that the provider has seen in the selected time range.
Navigating the Report
- Change the time range using the time line selector
- Filter by site, department, or provider using the drop down menus on the left
- View the report trending annually, quarterly, monthly, or weekly with the Group By buttons
- View the report by site, department, or provider by using the Group By buttons.
- When providers are limited to 2-3 exam rooms, productivity, cycle times, and exam room utilization improve.