Each exam room is assigned two devices: inside and out. They are designed to help care teams communicate what is happening in the room and which next steps are needed.
This article will cover the basics of the exam room device. See below for a video tutorial of the exam room device.
- Click here to add a patient to the room. The green patient icon will appear in the inside and outside exam room devices as well as the Flowstation.
- Click here to assign a provider to the room. A list will pop up with providers to choose from.
- This is where the room that the device is assigned to is displayed.
- Icons that have been activated appear here. Four icons can be displayed at a time.
- The list of icons to choose from is here. If your organization has more than nine icons, you can scroll down with your finger to view them. Icon placement can be managed within the admin consul.
- This section of the device will display an image of anybody who has badged into the room. It will also appear on the corresponding Flowstation.
- This is where timers are: Total Time is the amount of time that has passed since the patient was roomed. Touch Time is the amount of time that has passed from the last time somebody badged in/out of the room.
Badging In/Out of the Exam Room:
Badge scanners are located underneath the outside exam room device. Badging in is as easy as tapping and holding your badge against the scanner until you hear the ‘beep’.
Adding a Patient:
To add a patient, simply use your finger to click the circle in the upper left area of the screen. The patient icon will then appear and turn green on the exam room devices (inside and out). A patient roomed will also notify the Flowstation with a green bar where the exam room number is on Flowstation.
Assigning a Provider:
To assign a provider to the room, simply tap the area where the provider’s picture will display and select the provider name. At the top of the provider list are frequent providers.
Exam Room Action Icons:
Action icons are meant to communicate what is needed next for the patient. Icons will be the same for the department but may be customized within the admin consul. Click here to learn how to manage the exam room devices icons.
If your department has opted to use the survey option, a smiley face survey will populate any time a patient is roomed but staff is not badged into the room. This survey offers the patient an opportunity to give feedback mid-visit and subsequently offers opportunity for staff to improve the patient experience before the patient ever leaves.
If your department has opted to use the patient education option, a website or info graphic will populate any time the patient is roomed but staff is not badged into the room. This offers opportunity for the patient to interact with the screen in an intentional and education way while staff is not visiting with them. If your department is using the surveys, the education page will populate once the patient has finished the survey.